I was exploring this yesterday. I found the latest version of QmailAdmin does
add/change/delete user's .qmail files.

But I found a solution! Example for [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

QmailAdmin will modify the following .qmail file (so if you edit this file vi
CLI expect your changes to be overwritten/deleted):

/home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/bob/.qmail

But you can create a default .qmail file for this user that QmailAdmin will NOT
overwrite here:

/home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/.qmail-bob

And they seem to work the same. I'm not totally sure how this works (I'm new to
qmail) but it seems the files at example.com/.qmail-username work the same as
/var/qmail/alias/.qmail-username. Can someone confirm?

I was doing this because I needed to setup many .procmailrc scripts for our
users. I created a tool to help add/edit/remove .procmailrc scripts for users
via CLI. (And I assume it could be modified for maildrop?) I've attached it to
this email to share.
vprocmail goes somewhere convenient like /root/bin/vprocmail.
And the two templates go here (rename them to begin with a dot):
/home/vpopmail/domains/.procmailrc-template
/home/vpopmail/domains/.qmail-user-template