I'm using Virtualmin to do web hosting. It creates the httpd.conf as follows using suexec.

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:80>
SuexecUserGroup "#501" "#500"
ServerName mydomain.com
ServerAlias www.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /home/mydomain/public_html
ErrorLog /home/mydomain/logs/error_log
CustomLog /home/mydomain/logs/access_log common
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mydomain/cgi-bin/
<Directory /home/mydomain/public_html>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
allow from all
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /home/mydomain/cgi-bin>
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

All scripts must reside in /home/{somedomain}. If I put the scripts in a folder belonging to that domain, only that domain will be able to use it. I would like to be able to run the qmailadmin scripts from all domains but I haven't figured out how to make it work yet with suexec.

Eric "Shubes" wrote:
I gotta say, I don't understand the problem here.

I have two domains on a toaster. I can get to qmailadmin via
http://domain1.com/qmailtoaster and/or http://domain2.com/qmailtoaster. I
can log into either domain using the url from either one.

I've (simply) set up virtual domains in httpd.conf for each one, and they
just work.

So what's the problem? (What am I missing?)

Nolan Garrett wrote:
I don't know if this helps or not, but in my case I was required to
rename qmailadmin to index.cgi, and change it's ownership to vpopmail
and vchkpw.  This user and group was given a UID and GID > 500.  Also, I
had to recompile suexec using the directions from the link below so that
I could execute out of /usr/share/qmailadmin.

http://weblog.massivegeek.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=67

Nolan

Jeremy Runner wrote:
That didn't work.  I think you have to set SuexecUserGroup to which
user you want to have access but this is set in the VirtualHost directive.

I found this link but I'm not sure if it applies.
http://www.shupp.org/toaster/trustix_notes.eml.html

Quinn Comendant wrote:
Do you know if it is possible to disable suexec for one specific site? In my
opinion it is safe to run qmailadmin under user apache/www/nobody.

Otherwise, it should work to copy the /usr/share/qmailadmin directory to
/var/www/qmailadmin and adjust the paths in /etc/httpd/conf/toaster.conf
accordingly. I don't think suexec will let you run it through a symlink.

Quinn

Strangecode :: Internet Consultancy
http://www.strangecode.com/
+1 530 624 4410