I thought about this, stopped thinking about it, now am thinking about it again.

In /etc/php.ini there is a config option:

        sendmail_path =

Which can be set to a shell wrapper script:

#!/bin/sh
sed "s/\r\n?/\n/g" | qmail-inject

Which should work in all cases. Maybe. You would hope so.

There are other reasons to use one of the more elaborate replacements for
qmail-inject: handling not just bad line endings (and again, I'm not even sure
this IS a feature of new-inject) but gracefully supporting messages with
garbled or less-than-perfect headers and formatting.

Unlike qsmtpd, which in its original form is said to fail and deny incoming
messages with only LF (\n) endings and give the sender an error message,
qmail-inject issues no such error and will just pass the message through. Does
qmail-inject have a log file?

Quinn