From: Jake Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:23:28 PM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Replication over Internet

Gabriel Lai wrote:
Hello,

Have anyone tried replication over internet? SSH protocol? 24hours?

Please share.
I backup my machines nightly using rsync over ssh. I have also tested using
SSHFS, which worked as well for everything EXCEPT mounting a /var partition
across the 'net (too much lag with ping times, compression, and encryption -
caused double messages). But it worked fine for backups.
Backing up using rsync is really easy. I can put up a page on the wiki if you
need help.