On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:41:52 +0700, Firdaus Tjahyadi wrote:
> i have configure my /usr/share/spamassassin/70_sare_stocks.cf file like this
>
> body            SARE_PHYA              /Physicians Adult Daycare/i
> describe        SARE_PHYA               PHYA
> score           SARE_PHYA               2.66
>
> but it did'nt work, what is the best solution for kill that kind of spam

First of all, don't edit files under /usr/share/spamassassin. Your
customizations must go into /etc/mail/spamassassin/ (into a file ending with
.cf, like rules.cf for example). The rules under /usr/share/spamassassin will
be overwritten when you upgrade SA.

The best defense against stock-pushing stocks is to use sa-update nightly to
keep your rules updated from both the default spamassassin channel and the SARE
channels. Follow the instructions at:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates
http://saupdates.openprotect.com/

Add something like this to cron (should be all on line line):

sa-update  --channel updates.spamassassin.org --gpgkey
D1C035168C1EBC08464946DA258CDB3ABDE9DC10 --channel saupdates.openprotect.com &&
svc -h /var/qmail/supervise/spamd{,/log};

And you might want to automatically run lint to be sure nobody f'ed up:

spamassassin --lint || echo "ERROR: Spamassassin lint failed.";

(Assuming the echo goes somewhere you'll see it, i.e. the emailed output from
cron.)

Quinn