As been the problem for others the last days.
Check your blacklists , remove ordb.org entries (ordb.org does not exists anymore).

Jean-Paul

To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 3:24 PM
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Why would it take 30 second to get the SMTP greeting?

My system is taking a long time to give the SMTP greeting these days - over 30 seconds in fact. There are generally less than 10 concurrent incoming jobs according to the logs - in fact there were only 3 when I telnetted to port 25 last, but it still took 32 seconds to get the greeting.

The only unnusual thing about this server is that I removed sa-learn because of the amount of memory it was consuming. Could this be affecting smtp?

The server is a dual-xeon 3.0Ghz with 2GB of RAM, so it should have to horsepower to handle this.