Dan Herbon wrote:
> I’ve been live on the new qmailtoaster server now for about 3 weeks and
> no problems have arisen, everythings been great.
>

> Today however I came across my first problem. A user we used to email
> back and forth has an apostrophe in her name and for some strange odd
> reason whoever set this person up put the apostrophe in her email
> address. So her email address is:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> The qmail server is rejecting this with:
>

> --------
>
> 2007-01-12 15:09:52.456145500 CHKUSER rejected sender: from
> <BD'[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote
> <mail-bh.server.com:unknown:12.19.*.*> rcpt <> : invalid sender address
> format
>
> ---------
>

> Is there an easy way to allow an apostrophe in the email address be
> delivered? Perhaps add just this users email address to some sort of
> whitelist somewhere. Any help would be great. I have to get this working.
>

> thank

You should try very hard to have the admin for that domain change the name.

Short of success with that, you *can* tailor chkuser to accept additional
special characters, but tailoring chkuser is somewhat of a PITA. See
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Chkuser. In chkuser.h you'll want to
modify
/* #define CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_2 '%' */
by uncommenting the #define, and specifying the apostrophe as the special
character. I'm not sure how to do that properly in C, but it might be
#define CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_2 '\''
or
#define CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_2 ''''
Maybe a C guru can help you out on that.

HTH