Dave wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
>> We're here about the QmailToaster Project. Don't get
>> me wrong, this
>> community always goes above and beyond to help out a
>> straggled user,
>> but come on . . .
>>
>> My apologies if anyone is offended.
>>

> No offense taken....
>
> The impressive amount of customization and packaging
> effort that has been put into QmailToaster project
> solves some of the biggest problems that a new
> sysadmin would face in setting up an email server.
>
> As you rightly point out, much of remaining points are
> not at all about qmail.
>
> This project almost provides a "turn-key  solution"
> that even the most harried office administrator could
> use to set up a small email server.
>
> The suggestions, if implemented, would simply move the
> project further down the "appliance" path.
>
> -- David

I agree David (and EE). Ultimately, I'd like to see this project be as easy
to administer as IPCop (for example). We've a long way to go to get to that
point, but not so far as the project's already come (I think, I could be
wrong, again).

Post-installation appears to be a (somewhat glaring) hole in the project's
current state. If you'd like to contribute something to this area, that'd be
great. The wiki is a good starting point. Would you care to take the ball on
this and get something started? I'd be happy to assist. I know that the
Troubleshooting section of the wiki needs some work. Rather than being
reactive with a comprehensive Troubleshooting section, I'd rather see a
comprehensive post-installation section that would eliminate the need for
much troubleshooting.

What say you?