EE (or anyone),

Any word about this? Seems to me that servercert.pem shouldn't be world
readable since it contains the private (signing) key and all parent
directories are world readable. (I seem to remember EE answering this, but
can't find nor remember the answer)

Also, I came across this at http://qmail.jms1.net/scripts/qfixpermissions:

# some broken install guides (i.e. qmailrocks) tell you to create
# servercert.pem and clientcert.pem as a single file, with one as a symbolic
# link to the other. this is wrong, since qmail-smtpd and qmail-remote (the
# two programs which need to read these files) run as different userids and
# different group ids. the only way that a symbolic link scenario will work
# is if the file is readable to every userid on the system- and this is a
# major security hole, since the file contains the secret key for encrypting
# your SMTP sessions, both incoming and outgoing.

How is the toaster handling this? I can't figure out how/why the toaster
seems to work with clientcert.pem symlinked.