Spot on Eric,

Looking at the spf records for amazon.com and paypal.com they end with a ?all and ~all respectively.When emails pass through James's email filtering appliance they will be seen by the toaster as coming from it, and amazons ?all causes the spf record to resolve as neutral where as the paypal record will resolve as paypal does not send through this sender and get rejected.

Your fix should work for him.

Regards,

Jon

Eric "Shubes" wrote:
I'm guessing that SPF's rejecting them. The newer toaster gives you a
meaningful message, but the version you have simply quits and looks normal
on the log.

Change /var/qmail/control/spfbehavior from 3 to 1.
I'm not sure if restarting is necessary, but stop then start qmail to be safe.

Report back.

James Jarrett wrote:
This:

ucspi-tcp-toaster-0.88-1.3.1