Jake Vickers wrote:
Not really Toaster related, but has anyone else noticed issues now that Spamhaus is merging their lists? I have one server that ONLY uses zen.spamhaus.org in my /var/qmail/control/blacklists and I have had 10 users this week alone (on different ISPs - Roadrunner, Sprint, Comcast) that have complained to me they were not able to send emails from their home network. I move them to the submission port and all is well. Just seems since Spamhaus is merging several lists together that some of the more restrictive ones are being merged into zen. Anyone else had similar issues?

Grrr. I'm traveling right now, and PBL is blocking my Treo (Verizon) from sending emails because the IP is in the PBL list. I've had 30+ users in the last week complain because their Roadrunner IP (and that's not even counting Comcast) is listed; seems the PBL blocks dynamic IPs pretty much across the board. And on my Treo I can't just move to the submission port (Treo 700). It doesn't allow me to change the SMTP port. I've since moved away from zen, and am now using sbl-xbl, which from spamhaus's website says will go away soon. zen/pbl does not work for me. Nor my users. I really like spamhaus (blocks 80% of spam for me), but this will force me to move away from it. I'm going to start looking at other blacklists to make up for it, hopefully without finding one that will just go away in the middle of the night (I did contact ordb (I think that was their name, maybe sorbs?) and tried to obtain a copy of their database/scripts so that I could maintain it, but got NO reply back). Do you guys think a wiki page should be started so we can all help each other out to find a good mix to replace zen?