Hey ES,

Can you put the DKVERIFY options you recommend in the bug tracker as a
feature request for a new default?

I want to ensure that this is tracked and becomes the new default, so
as to keep people from losing important mail.

Thanks,
Erik

On 2/12/07, Eric Shubes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
> I've heard about this new feature for quite sometimes, but I haven't
> implemented it just yet. Until for the last few days I have been testing
> DomainKeys implementation in a lab, and it seems very capable of rejecting
> unsolicited mails.
>
> Thank you everyone for these resources:
> http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Domainkeys
> http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/SPF
> http://www.bind9.net/manual/bind/9.3.2/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2564557
>
> However I still have some things to clear up:
> 1. How many mailserver out there that have implement this DK signature?

That's hard to tell. I'm using it, but not with the default DKVERIFY.

> 2. Will it safe to use the QT option of DKVERIFY="DEfGhIJK"? Wouldn't it
> reject many "legitimate" mails who haven't implemented DK signature?

If the message isn't signed, qmail-dk simply passes it along.

> 3. So, if I decide to temporarily turn off DK verification, is the option
> would be: "EfGhIJK"?

No, to turn it off for incoming you can use DKVERIFY="". That should let
everything pass through.

Notes:
.) qmail-dk has erroneously flagged a signature from gmail as bad (B)
.) qmail-dk does not check (honor) the t=? testing flag in DNS records
.) some list servers (googlegroups in particular) pass signed messages on in
a manner that causes qmail-dk to return a "G" status.

At the present time, I use DKVERIFY="DEfhIJK". I recommend others do the
same, until the time when Alexey has a chance to fix things up. He's already
done some excellent work fixing up qmail-dk, and has plans to do more.

> 4. What options can we use to "give a lesson" to spammer regarding DK? I'm
> thinking of giving the "soft reject" so that their mailservers will be
> overwhelmed with mails queue.

I don't think there's anything more we can do at this point.

> Thank you very much for any help. QT is getting awesome everyday :)

I agree, and I'm hopful there's more in store! ;)