24x7server wrote:
> hi
>
> both machines use normal port 25

/var/qmail/control/blacklists could be the difference then. Are these files
the same on both machines?

> however i noted one more point
> on the second machine when we send email to some domain within the same
> machine then it is fast.

That's to be expected. qmail-send passes the message off to qmail-local
instead of qmail-remote. Sounds like qmail-remote is where the sluggishness
is. This doesn't make sense though, as the smtp session of the sender (MSA
session) is complete by that point.

> mails to email ids on remote domains is slow in the "sending message" stage

This is sounding more like a DNS problem. I'm guessing now that it's slow
looking up MX records of recipient domains.

Is there a DNS cache working on each machine?
What's in the /etc/resolv.conf in both?

> also i have one more question -- is it possible to disable spam scanning for
> mail submission. i do not wish scan my authenticated users for spam, however
> i wish to maintain virus scanning

TTBOMK, that's the way the toaster presently operates. When a client
authenticates, RELAYCLIENT is set (which I'm guessing tells simscan not to
scan for spam?). You should see this reflected in the smtp log.

It'd be good to have your clients use port 587 for submission if that's
feasible.

> thanks
>
> rajesh m

> From: "Eric \"Shubes\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:38:21 -0700
>
>> 24x7server wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> we have two different type of installations of qmail toaster on two
>>> different machines
>>>
>>> m/c 1
>>> redhat enterprise 3
>>> qmailtoaster without using db for vpopmail
>>>
>>> m/c 2
>>> fedora 4
>>> qmailtoaster using mysql mysql 5 db for vpopmail
>>>
>>> both m/c are enabled in the same way with smtp authentication and checks
>>> for virus / spam before sending emails by domains hosted on the servers
>>>
>>> we find that in m/c 2
>>> while using outlook express there are three stages
>>> 1) connecting
>>> 2) authorizing