Our new qmail toaster has been running fine for about a month now and I
have noticed a bit of odd behavior.

When I connect via pop to download my mail, if there is no mail, it is
so fast you only see the flicker of the pop screen.  *BOOM BOOM DONE!*

However if I have any mail, the "Downloading message 1 of X" window
shows and just sits there.  It may be as much as 10-20 seconds before
that first e-mail downloads.  After that, the rest come in at several a
second.

The load on the qmail box is very low (never above .15 or so) and, when
we first built the system, it did not do this.

At first, I thought I had screwed up and told it to leave a copy on the
server and it was taking a few seconds to decide where to start, but
that's not happening.

Any ideas?

Oh, I am using Evolution as my email client, but other people (using
Outlook) seem to be having the same problem.

Thanks,

James
--
James F. Jarrett