Obsoletes wouldn't do it. I think the correct thing would be setting the Epoch.

Erik

On 2/22/07, Scott Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thursday 22 February 2007, Erik A. Espinoza wrote:

> ClamAV upgrades should always take place as follows:
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild --with $DIST clamav-new.src.rpm
> rpm -e --nodeps clamav-toaster
> rpm -Uhv /path/to/clamav-new.$ARCH.rpm
> service qmail cdb
>
> I am looking to make this work with "rpm -Uhv", but currently this is
> the procedure.
>
> As far as 0.90rc2 being higher, that's an rpm error that I didn't account
> for.

Using Obsoletes: in the .spec would take care of upgrading from an rc and
avoid the versioning problem.  e.g.:

Obsoletes:      <= %{name}-%{version}rc999

Upgrading in place from versions older than 0.90 presents a problem in that
the clamd and freshclam configs changed format.  SUSE has an awk script as
part of the postinstall step to merge and convert the old configs in their
0.90 package, but I've not tested it with the -toaster package.