Currently, on my qmail-toaster box, I have a single set of users set up as a single domain, with multiple aliased domains so that mail to <any_user>@<any_of_our_domains> will reach that user. However, the default domain that all of this is tied to needs to change from what it is current set to be, to that of one of the aliased domains. (In Other Words: everything is set up on <domain1.com>; I need <domain1.com> to become an alias, while <domain8.com> from the list of aliased domains will become the default and primary domain identity.)

Thus far, in my search, I have found the table in the vpopmail database whose name will need to be changed; in addition, the path for each user will need to change, both in the database table and in the filesystem, to use the new default domain name. Looks like there's an entry in dir_control that will need to be changed; the values in the 'domain' column in lastauth; the values in the 'domain' column in valias, and the @<domain> part of each valias_line value. Obviously, I will need to rename the server within Linux to properly identify itself as mail.<domain8.com> rather than mail.<domain1.com>. I've also found the following files in /var/qmail/control that I believe will need to be changed:

defaultdomain
defaulthost
me
plusdomain
rcpthosts
smtpgreeting
virtualdomains

Now, having given this rundown, here comes my questions:
1) Does anyone know of anything I've missed, in the above, that I need to make sure to catch for this to go semi-smoothly.
2) Is there an easier way of doing this that I am missing?
3) Is this likely enough to hose my server that I should build it up from scratch (after a proper backup, naturally)? 4) Am I correct that I should also get my reverse DNS records changed so that the IP for the server comes back with the new domain name? 5) Will this mess up the SSL key, requiring me to buy another one? (I don't really mind doing so, but I want to make sure of all my steps and preparations before I do this, as this is a live server in production, and I really can't afford for it to be down for untold hours.)

I really want to make sure I have this planned out and prepped ahead of time. As stated, this is my live server in production. I don't have another box that I can bring up, configure from scratch, and just slip into place, so I need to get this right the first time.

Roxanne