Putting yahoogroups in local.cf seems to have increased the spam score by 0.9:

  by server.northvalleycomputing.com with SMTP; 11 Apr 2007 06:49:21 -0000

Contents of /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:
# These values can be overridden by editing ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.cf
# (see spamassassin(1) for details)
# These should be safe assumptions and allow for simple visual sifting
# without risking lost emails.

ok_locales all
skip_rbl_checks 1

required_score 2.2
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***

use_pyzor 1

use_auto_whitelist 1

use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules 1
bayes_auto_learn 1

# 04/02/07 NVC: Allow yahoogroups.com
whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] yahoo.com

So how do I make the score reduce if the mail is in the AWL?

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760

Jake Vickers wrote:
George Toft wrote:

Closely related . . .

How do I whitelist based on a header field? I belong to a couple of mailing lists and some messages are getting flagged as ***SPAM***. Can I whitelist messages based on any of these headers: