*From:* Bill Kwok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:12 AM
*To:* qmailtoaster-list
*Subject:* [qmailtoaster] Steps to change the IP address of qmail server

 Dear all,

I am planning to change my ISP and hence the IP address of my server is
going to be changed.

Due to limited resources, I can't setup another server while switching
over to the new IP.  My server has around 60 users.  I plan to:

   1. Shorten the refresh time of my MX record to 900 (15 mins) from
   the current 3600 (1 hour) for 4 days to make sure all DNS gets the changes;
   2. change the MX record to the new IP address and plug my server to
   the new network

Does the above steps work and are they enough?  My current MX record use
the following settings:
        refresh = 3600 (1 hour)
        retry   = 900 (15 mins)
        expire  = 3600000 (41 days 16 hours)