Hello I still haven't had a reply to this yet... but I'm not sure how to reinstall the spamassassin, the only thing I have running pertaining to spam is supervise spamd and I'm not sure how that is.. also I don't have the /var/qmail/supervise/spamd/ directories and that is where the run script is supposed to be.. so how do I get them back.. ?

thanks in advance.. :)

Thanks for the reply,

I am running the newest version of qmailtoaster on a Fedora Core 6 box,
and I didn't see any kind of errors when I did the install. I used the
information from the qmailtoaster website to complete the installation.
the only thing I didn't do in the installation is I didn't setup the
djbdns and I didn't add any domain keys. and when I do a qmailctl stat
it doesn't show spamd in there. so I am assuming I need to re set that up.

Jake Vickers wrote:
John Carlson wrote:
I have noticed that the spamd service is not running, also I don't see anything in the maillog about simscan scanning the mail. also I don't see anything in the mail headers that shows that it was scanned is there something wrong.. also I don't see the spamd folder in the supervise directory doesn't it need to be there.
Yes it does. I'm assuming this was a new installation. We'll need some more info, like OS, version, what steps you followed for installation, etc. Usually what happens there is you failed some dependencies for spamassassin so it was not installed.