I believe it is.. I can create new e-mail accounts and so on.. but I can't seem to connect to the server with my thunderbird or squirrelmail.. when I try to connect with squirrelmail I get this error message: * ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

*when I try to connect with thunderbird I get this message: sending of password did not succeed. authorization failed..

thanks again..
Minnesota Webworks

Janno Sannik wrote:
Do you have the basic vpopmail sql table in place (containing aliases table for example). is database user correctly configured in /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql according to mysql db itself?

John Carlson wrote:
OK so I was looking around last night at my server.. using webmin and I was updating some sites.

I wanted to remove a table for an old site in the vpopmail database.... well when I deleted the table it actually deleted the whole vpopmail database. NO BACKUP... it is a fairly new install... anyway.. so I did some looking and I seen that the easiest way to get the vpopmail database back was to just re-install vpopmail.. so I removed vpopmail and then re-installed it.. I had to create the vpopmail:vchkpw user and group.. and everything seems to be in order.. but now I can't connect to the pop server.. or use squirrelmail.. so does anyone have any ideas how I can fix it without having to re-install the whole qmailtoaster system..

thanks in advance..
John
--
Minnesota Webworks