From: Jake Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:48:39 PM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Fix reverse DNS....

Domenico Fortunato wrote:
Domenico Fortunato ha scritto:
Gabriel Lai ha scritto:
Hi all,

I have the below issue with certain recipients' mail server

Connected to 203.113.188.10 but sender was rejected. Remote host said: 550
5.7.1 Fix reverse DNS for 60.49.220.221,or use your
ISP server

How to solve this issue? 60.49.220.221 is my Gateway IP, but my real IP address
is 60.49.220.222... how can I force qmail to send out with 60.49.220.222
instead of 60.49.220.221??

Have you tried iptables postrouting?

Sorry for my bad english, I repeat...

Did you try iptables postrouting?
Regards.
Domenico Fortunato

I don't think that will have any effect.  The IP he's sending from has to PTR
recrord, so AOL or whoever he's sending to has no was to resolve his IP to a
domain name.  He can either route his email through his ISP (who will have a
reverse record, or PTR) or he can obtain a PTR record for his IP address from
his IP.

Need Mail bonding?