Thanks for the pointer to the tool, Phil...

Unfortunately, it appears that the # of users "bug" is a symptom, not the real problem. Using navicat, I have repaired the # of users entry in the dir_control field. However, my users on this system all remain unable to receive email. (same error)

I have also verified (to the best of my limited ability) that the remaining mysql table entries (for dir_control, and the domain) are "sane" by comparing their entries with another server's tables...

The users are able to SEND messages just fine -- it's just their inbound mail that's bouncing. So I believe chkuser is working fine... what I next need to know is what other facility within qmail-smtp could result in this bounce message, and how can I test it to see where its failing?

Thanks again in advance for any help!

Dan

PS: I have to admit -- I'm getting frustrated with the whole qmail-toaster idea -- being a sys-admin for decades, I'm not used to deploying systems that are "magic boxes" -- I like to know HOW things work (and WHY they work)... but sendmail was a BITCH (always has been), and I was impressed with what other people had said about the toaster. I'm beginning to think I should learn POSTFIX. <sigh> at least then, when things broke, I'd have some better ideas about where to look and what to tweak!

hopefully, someone will show me a DUH item that will restore my faith in the qmail-toaster idea....

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
2171 Wrens Way
Clearwater, FL 33764

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Phil Leinhauser wrote:
Do a google search for a product called navicat.  It's an admin tool MySQL.
Once you connect to your MySQL, you'll see the tables.  When you right click on
a table or group of tables, you have the option to check tables.  It will
report the state back as ok, crashed, corrupted, etc.  On the bad tables, you
can right click repair tables.  It will then fix any errors it found.  I have
found Navicat to be a pretty invaluable tool for MySQL.  You can get a full
feature 30 day demo I think.

Phil