First rule of computing... (especially software engineering):

If it works... DON'T try to fix it!

As a former software engineer and manager (spent first 8 years of my career at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station writing Range Safety real-time missile tracking code) I can tell you from experience that this is a HARD lesson to learn!

Software updates should be applied ONLY if:
- You need the new functionality
- Your old software isn't working
- You are applying a security patch that fixes a known vulnerability

Software updates should NOT be applied if:
- The system is working fine as-is
- The only reason you want to upgrade is to be "at the latest release"

Hence, the reason my high availability servers are still based off of a Fedora Core 5 install (lots of customization -- but that's where we started). Could I upgrade to FC6 or Fedora7? Sure... but the "upgrades" are primarily in the GUI -- which I don't even install on servers! If it ain't broke (and FC5 is working great for me) then don't fix it!

Just my two-cents worth!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
2171 Wrens Way
Clearwater, FL 33764

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
lets say.... I have a friend -
who build a QmailToaster  and he created his domains NOT with the CLI
// example as understand it
// home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain -q 15000000 testdomain.com newdomain
but rather he... used the GUI http://mailhost.myfriendsdomain.com/mail/vqadmin/toaster.vqadmin to create his domains ( 5 of them ) What might I advise ' my friend' to do...
come in this weekend and start over?
cross those fingers and hope for the best and watch for...what? what would be the problem? Note ' my firends' email server seems to be operational in all respects and there is much happness in the kingdom. thanks, js