As I said before, the 1.4 branch will have source rpm's, of course. As
mentioned in the earlier e-mail

"2) The source distribution will be simpler in the rpm style, and
should compile more easily on any distribution

The bad side of #2 is that you will have to handle dependencies and
updates on your own. I will work with anyone to provide such things to
the community, but will not be doing the master list (IE wiki support
only)."

When I say source distribution here, I mean src.rpm.

Thanks,
Erik