Check the status of your /var filesystem, as well as whatever filesystem contains your /tmp directory (my /tmp links to /var/tmp, so for me it's the same filesystem).

I eventually had to write a script that deleted old mail log files, because I found my /var filesystem (only 1GB to begin with) was filling up on some client's systems (those, like mine, with relatively heavy mail flow).

Hope this helps!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Ronnie Tartar wrote:
I have been getting a lot of the following errors in my maillog from
spamdyke.

Jan 21 21:43:32 mail spamdyke[31530]: ERROR: unable to write 63 bytes to
file descriptor 1: Broken pipe

Is this normal behavior?  Or is this something that I need to look further
into?

Thanks