Greetings and Salutations to all...

I have installed a new toaster (with QMT-Plus) onto a Fedora 8 system. I
used the Fedora 6 build scripts and everything seems to work perfectly.
EXCEPT (there's always an exception)... imap4-SSL is experienceing a
problem with the kerberos library.

All of the relevant packages were installed from the devel website (vs.
the now-static-since-April main site). Again, after making sure all the
relevant support rpms were installed, the install scripts ran cleanly.

The problem can be seen from the "qmlog imap4-ssl | tail", which appears as:
01-28 20:43:50 /usr/bin/couriertls: error while loading shared libraries:
libkrb5support.so.0: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory

The system runs with 2.0 GB of ram, and being a good sysadm, the swap
space is an equaly spacious 2.0 GB. (In other words, I believe there is a
problem in the allocation routine, or in the library itself -- because
there is PLENTY of memory (real and virtual) available.

If I look from the client end, I get the following from Outlook Express:
Configuration:
   Account: mail.mydomain.com
   Server: mail.mydomain.com
   User name: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Protocol: IMAP
   Port: 993
   Secure(SSL): 1
   Code: 800ccc0f

(I don't think that helps much... but you never know!)

Finally, I have the following krb packages installed:

krb5-libs-1.6.2-9.fc8
krb5-auth-dialog-0.7-5.fc8
krb5-devel-1.6.2-9.fc8
krb5-workstation-1.6.2-9.fc8
krb5-devel-1.6.2-9.fc8
pam_krb5-2.2.18-1
pam_krb5-2.2.18-1
krb5-libs-1.6.2-9.fc8

I BELIEVE that I NEED the Kerberos packages for my Samba (as PDC)
installation -- but that may be a false assumption.

I have even tried backing out the latest kerberos versions (to the FC6
version), but I get the same result.

Any ideas???

--

Dan McAllister, President
IT4SOHO, LLC

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS:
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

All other contact info remains unchanged:
877-IT4SOHO - Toll Free
727-647-7646 - In Pinellas
727-507-9435 - Fax