Just to be sure... the option (which is domain specific) is DELETE (not
DROP).

The file is:
 /home/vpopmail/domains/YOUR DOMAIN HERE/.qmail-default
and the entry should read:
 | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' delete

NOTES:
 1) that's a PIPE symbol as the 1st character (usually already there, but
if you're starting from scratch on the file, the | symbol is, on most US
keyboards, located with the \ symbol)
 2) the 's after "vdelivermail" are a pair of single quotes -- that's 2
characters, not a single double-quote character

My personal experience (hosting more than 20 domains on this server right
now, plus more than 40 others on other QMT installations) is that my
connection load lowered when I did this -- apparently address harvesters
detect when "everything succeeds" and stop trying (knowing it's futile?
maybe!).

A FINAL NOTE: I believe (but am not sure) that the contents of all
.qmail-default files are read by qmail-smtp at startup -- so you'll
definitely need to shutdown QMT and restart it (NOT just a "qmailctl
restart"!) once you have made the change. Personally, I have OFTEN found
it necessary to manually kill many of the QMail processes (after a
"qmailctl stop"). So, if you're not comfortable issuing a BUNCH of ps &
kill (or pkill) commands, I might suggest rebooting the entire server.
(That being said, if you DO find yourself rebooting the system to
accomplish this, you might want to consider some additional "learnin"
about your Linux system!)

I hope this helps... someone!

Dan

--