This week we've received a flood of clients complaining about vpopmail's "Your
mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full" messages, when they were
nowhere near over quota. There have been about 3-people-a-day for the past week
noting this, and each time I check the `vuserinfo` command and also `du -sk
/path/to/Maildir` both report usage well below quota (although the two numbers
*are* often different, WTF?).

In each case, I check the domain-quota too, compared with `du -sk
/path/to/domain` and the user's domain is always well under quota too (space
and files).

This may be explained that the users received a few BIG emails they
subsequently downloaded and removed from the server before I could analyze
their usage. But with such a wave of complaints and none before now I'm
paranoid something is wrong with the Courier-Vpopmail quota reporting.

Has anybody noticed this before? Are vpopmail quotas buggy? Am I paranoid?

Quinn

--
Strangecode :: Internet Consultancy
http://www.strangecode.com/