The likely error is in your tcprules.d/tcp.smtp file

By default, the system will only allow mail to flow THROUGH the server (in other words, RELAY) from users ON the server. You'll need to add one of the following lines (Only 1 is required -- the 1 that applies to your LAN network) to allow LAN connected users to send mail to OTHER domains.

10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.16.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.17.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.18.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.19.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.20.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.21.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.22.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.23.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.24.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.25.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.26.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.27.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.28.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.29.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.30.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
172.31.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

This is in ADDITION to the current lines (default for the toaster) that should look something like:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",\
CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="15",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="3",\
DKVERIFY="DEGIJKfh",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",\
DKQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig",\
DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"

NOTE: An alternative is to require ALL users to login to the SMTP server -- this bypasses the no-relay rule as well.

I hope this helps.... someone!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi All,

I have two clients who we've recently moved from our older toaster to our newer one.

Both use outlook/outlook express, and both can receive incoming mail, but not send it (relay) to domains not living on the toaster.

In other words, if the client sends to their own accounts within their own vdomain, or to another vdomain on the toaster, it works.

If they try to send to any domain not on the toaster, they get:

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)

This is with a fresh outlook install, and a fresh user account, known good. I've verified this directly, so I know the clients aren't imagining this.

TIA,

--Duncan