dnk wrote:
Hey there,

I was going through a test run today trying out the qtp-backup and qtp-restore.

I made sure both machines had the same version of qtp.

One was a toaster that has been running for some months and is now centos 4.6.
The new one is a brand spanking new centos 5.1 install, with a blank
set of domains.

Now when I attempt to log into webmail, I get the dreaded "ERROR:
Connection dropped by IMAP server." error (google returns many many
reasons and apparent solutions - none of which have yet worked for me
thus far). When I attempt to login to the qmailadmin, I get an
"invalid password" error.

Sounds like the vpopmail password may be different. Look at /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql and make sure it matches the password for the database.