Interesting query -- it took several checks to find the issue(s)... here's what I checked & what I deduced:
   # dig ns msa.hinet.net @4.2.2.2
This querey for the nameservers for the given domain (from a Verizon DNS server) reported NO NAME SERVERS

So, my assumption was that msa was a hostname on the hinet.net domain. But assumptions are bad, so I checked:
   # dig a msa.hinet.net @4.2.2.2
This query reported an IP address of 168.95.4.211, which means I MIGHT be right... but let's check further

I tried:
   # dig mx msa.hinet.net @4.2.2.2
which returned 9 different mail servers (msa-mx[1-9].hinet.net.), but ALL of them had a weight level of zero. This strongly implies that msa.hinet.net is intended to truly be a sub-domain of hinet.net... so I checked for a separate zone file with:
   # dig soa msa.hinet.net @4.2.2.2
and I received an SOA record... but wait, it was the SOA record for hinet.net, not the sub-domain.

So, what have we learned:
1) msa.hinet.net is not "really" a sub-domain for hinet.net. If that is what is desired, then a new zone file needs to be created, with a unique SOA and unique NS and MX records. 2) msa.hinet.net is (for now) a hostname (or more correctly, a Fully Qualified Domain Name: FQDN) -- but a hostname that has MX records (multiple) assigned to it (legal, but not completel legit) 3) The MX records for msa.hinet.net are incorrectly formated -- I'm not positive, but I don't believe a weight (or preference level) of zero is valid. Try a level of 10. I DO believe that having them all set to the same preference is legal -- it creates a "round-robin" effect (or at least is supposed to).

So -- at a minimum, fix your MX record preference levels. However, appearances seem to favor that you're trying to setup a truly differentiated sub-domain of hinet.net, in which case your DNS zone file needs to be created and correctly referenced within your hinet.net zone file.

I hope this helps.... someone!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Guillermo Villasana wrote:
Hi guys I am having the following problem with this domain:
msa.hinet.net

every time I send an email to this domain I get:

DNS temporary failure

I checked my DNS and I do get several
Any thoughts why?
Thanks