On 22-May-08, at 9:32 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:

dnk wrote:

On 21-May-08, at 8:56 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:

dnk wrote:
Good day....

How would one go about upgrading spamdyke if it was installed with the
qtp package?

Sam announced on the spamdyke list that spamdyke version 3.1.8 is now
available.

Is there a proper way to upgrade with the qtp install? Or should I just
download compile and replace the executable?

DNK

Simply rerun the qtp-install-spamdyke script. That should do it (at least
that was the intention).

Please let us know how you make out with it.

---Eric 'shubes'

Eric,

Worked like a charm!

Dustin

I'm glad to hear that.

Just a heads up. I just ran it myself and noticed that it creates a new configuration file while renaming the existing one, so if you've modified the default spamdyke.conf file, be sure to manually make your changes into the new one. This behavior might change in the future. It was written this way because the 4.0 configuration file won't be compatible with the 3.x one,
and 4.0 is right around the corner (soon to be coming into beta).

Thanks for the heads up! I never noticed that as I was running the stock config.

Dnk