this is where I stop, as I dont have more knowledge,
from 5 qmt boxes installed (2 using qmtiso), only 1 box that shown freshclam on crontab
perhaps you should check with clamd site, milist or forum

Marco Volkert wrote:
That's clear. What I meant, when does the cyclus (every 12 hours) start?
Can I define the time, when the updates start, e.g. 03:17am + 03:17pm, in /etc/freshclam.conf OR does it depend on service-start? If so, I need to add a cronjob with #service freshclam restart to force the time for update after server restart (maybe he has a failure - somewhere along the way).

Regards,

Marco Volkert

PROMAN
Gesellschaft für Projektmanagement mbH

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Website: http://www.proman-gmbh.de

PakOgah schrieb:
nop,
just edit the file

/etc/freshclam.conf

add Checks 2
so it will check new .dat updates every 12 hours
then to make clamd read the new config, type
service freshclam restart

Marco Volkert wrote:
Can you modify the time of performing an update this way, or does the time depend on the time when freshclam starts?
In case two, I can create a cronjob with
#service freshclam restart.

Am I right?

Regards,

Marco Volkert

PROMAN
Gesellschaft für Projektmanagement mbH

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Website: http://www.proman-gmbh.de

Tim Mancour schrieb:
You can modify the frequency that freshclam performs an update by setting
the Checks variable in the /etc/freshclam.conf configuration file. The
following, for example, would decrease the number of updates to once every
12 hours:

# Number of database checks per day.
# Default: 12 (every two hours)
Checks 2

If you change the configuration file you'll need to restart freshclam
~> service freshclam restart

Regards,
Tim