From: Jake Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:50:15 AM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] QTP - Backup

Benedict Claver wrote:
> Hi Team,
> am trying to use the backup script from http://v2gnu.com site.  I have a
> countered a slight problem
> on accessing mysql database. I wanted to know can I backup the database with
> user root
> apart from user vpopmail.
> the error noted......
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ./qtp-backup1.sh
>
> mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'vpopmail'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES) when trying to connect
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
>  Backup is complete and located in: /backup/qmailbkup

The backup script on my v2gnu.com site isn't up to date.  The up to date
version is in QTP, from qtp.qmailtoaster.com.
You can modify the script to use the root user instead of the vpopmail
user.  It used to be that way, but many users asked to have it use
vpomail so that they did not have to have their mysql root password in
the script file and it was changed.