Hello list,

Is there any reason why the qtp-install-spamdyke is still using version 3.x
and not version 4.x of spamdyke?

Is version 4.x not yet ready for qt?

Thanks

ALex

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Eric Shubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Natalio Gatti wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Eric Shubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Natalio Gatti wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Eric Shubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>     > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     Natalio Gatti wrote:
>     >     > Hello list, I'm installing spamdyke in a qmailtoaster server.
>     >     > I'm curious about the greylisting feature, and wanted to
>     know which is
>     >     > the preferred option for |graylist-level.
>     >     > |
>     >     > BTW, I installed the latest version (4.0.4), and took
>     >     configuration file
>     >     > from QTP. There are some changes in the configuration file
>     in the new
>     >     > version, that needs to be updated in the QTP script:
>     >     > the option "check-dnsrbl" is no longer used, now it is used
>     >     > "dns-blacklist-entry"
>     >     > "log-level" now is configured with one of: none, error, info,
>     >     verbose or
>     >     > debug
>     >     > "log-target" now is configured with one of: syslog or stderr
>     >     > and the option ""ip-in-rdns-keyword-file" is replaced with
>     >     > "ip-in-rdns-keyword-blacklist-file"
>     >     >
>     >     > Salutti,
>     >     >
>     >     > Natalio
>     >
>     >     Hey Natalio,
>     >     QTP uses greylist-level=always
>     >
>     >     FWIW, qtp-install-spamdyke for v4 will be available with the
>     next QTP
>     >     release (scheduled for the end of this month). For those of
>     you who
>     >     can't
>     >     wait that long or who want to try it out before it's officially
>     >     released,
>     >     you can download it for a limited time at
>     >     http://qtp.v2gnu.com/svn/bin/qtp-install-spamdyke. It will
install
>     >     v4 and/or
>     >     upgrade from v3. Note, it will not carry forward any
>     customized settings
>     >     from v3 though.
>     >
>     >
>     > Thanks Eric.  My version (latest) of QTP does not include
>     > greylist-level=always in spamdyke.conf, maybe it was configurated by
>     > default.
>     > The default value in version 4.0.4 is "none", so I wasn't using it.
>     >

>     greylist-level is new w/ v4. The latest QTP is still on spamdyke v3,
>     so it
>     wouldn't be there. (just to clarify)
>
>     Even if you don't run the new script, you can read through it to see
> [...]

Now that I think of it, the script creates the greylist directories for you.
If you have many domains and they're all using greylisting, you might want
to use the option which creates the directories automatically for you
(always-create IIRC). Check the documentation.

Yes, I could see that. I run the script modifying the version to 4.x. So it
compiled spamdyke, created all directories and  config files. Then, I
modified config file by hand to include the new options. Now it is working
fine with greylisting enabled. I'm monitoring log files to assure a correct
delivery.