I do the same thing.  I change the ssh port to something random like
8739 and when I get my daily logwatch email I almost never see any ssh
connection except from my ip.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Beam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:13 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Fail2Ban on CentQMT5.1.1

No, this server is purely spam/virus front end (more efficient than the
ms
equivalent for exchange) - no real users exist at all. I use smtproutes
forward the emails on to exchange once simscan has done its duty.

My goal was to stop the ssh monkeys from running dictionary assaults day
in
and day out.