Drat... I was going to look like a magician!

I FORCE my non-local users to use POPS, IMAPS, and SMTPS when they communicate to the mail servers (NOTE: I manage more than 30 qmail servers for clients)... and I ALWAYS have to increase the default memory sizes for the processes in the supervise/run scripts when I install/reinstall! The issue is that the SSL libraries are simply too large to link in to the default memory size!

Let me guess -- you (like me) are using a 64-bit version of SUSE (mine are actually Fedora) -- it seems to me that my 32-bit systems do not have this problem.

I change the memory limits for ALL of my SSL-enabled protocols (pop3-ssl, imap4-ssl, smtp, submission, & smtp-ssl to 128MB and everything works fine. (WHY SMTP? Because it's an OPTION in standard smtp [port 25] to use SSL, and if you don't increase the size then you'll be advertising that you accept SSL connections on that port, but in anyone actually TRIES to use it, it'll crash)

Anyway, since I won't look like a magician, at least I'll explain the logic behind the magic! :-)

HAPPY GNU YEAR EVERYONE!

Dan
IT4SOHO

Stefan wrote:
Did you install all the
dependencies before installing the packages?

Yes, I did, i followed the instructions in the SuSE 10.1 tutorial like i did before on the other server with the same hard- & software.

I increased the softlimit of the submission process and the error is now gone, but its a strange behavior. I also have done that on the other server but due to another error, increasing the memory limit seems to fix several errors.

Another small question, is POP/IMAP with TLS supported?

Thanks

Jake Vickers schrieb:
Stefan wrote:
Hi,
today i installed QmailToaster, everything is working fine but TLS.

220 mail.xxx.de - Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.3 SMTP Server ESMTP
EHLO testing
250-mail.xxx.de - Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.3 SMTP Server
250-STARTTLS
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 20971520
250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
STARTTLS
454 TLS unable to initialize ctx: error:140A910D:lib(20):func(169):reason(269) (#4.3.0)

Same with IMAP/POP.

Ive installed qmailtoaster a month ago on another server and TLS is working fine there. Is there a bug in one of the new packages since then?

The packages have not been updated in a year.
What it looks like to me is you copied binary packages to this machine and installed them - the error your receiving has to do with not being able to use ctx (re: SSL_CTX) meaning that your SSL libraries are either broken or missing from what I can see. Did you install all the dependencies before installing the packages?