Hello
assign is an editable file (but be careful what you do with it)
then the command qmail-newu builds a cdb binary file called cdb

Eric Shubert wrote:
I'm not really clear about what you're trying to accomplish. There are 2 other places though (other than the sql database) where your domains are defined. One is the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains, and the other is /var/qmail/users/assign. The later has a cdb file associated with it that's a little tricky to get generated IIRC. You might need to add/delete a dummy domain to get the assign.cdb file rebuilt.

Shai wrote:
Well... I know where it goes... it still goes locally to my account ...

Shai