Glen Vickers wrote:
Hello all.

I have a fresh install which I’m having issues with. I took the advice of the list and upgraded the server and installed centos. Used the install scripts and made sure everything was up to date using qtp-newmodel.

I get the error off of outlook “none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.”

I checked account settings on the client and everything is set right. I check SMTP authentication and it is set to use the same as pop3 so the user and pass should be the same across the board for incoming and outgoing yet I cannot send from the client outside the network. Inside the network I was able to send and squirrelmail works as well.

Checking the log in /var/log/qmail/smtp I see

rblsmtpd: /remote IP/ pid 6196: 451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=remote IP

this doesn’t make sense to me however, why would it get spamhaus caught on a corporate IP address (dedicated IP) as spam when I should be authenticating? Shouldn’t authentication supersede spamhaus?

Glen Vickers

The stock toaster runs rblsmtpd regardless of authentication. To get around this, you can either use port 587 for submission instead of port 25, or install and use spamdyke, which does not filter authenticated connections.

This is a common dilemma with clients on dynamic/private IP addresses.