Phil Leinhauser wrote:
Hey Jake,
Looks like a really good topic for the videos. I personally would like to see tuning hints and tips for things like IMAP, Squirrel / httpd, etc.

Currently I'm inundated by HTTPd sessions dragging the server down. I have to reboot every couple weeks to clear it out.

Sure thing. I'm behind a couple user requests at the moment (plus if you're not subscribed to the video-announce list, I'm trying to churn out 2 videos every week right now) but I'll add it to the list. Probably next week I'll get into tuning some of that stuff. If you're bogged down with httpd requests (assuming you're running Squirrelmail and/or some other web app that uses mysql) you're probably bogged down by mysql. Mysql by default comes tuned for systems with <256M of RAM. You start plowing it with too many requests and mysql chokes, causing apache to choke, causing webmail to choke, causing users to choke, causing your desk phone to choke, and on and on.