I have tested for open relay and the test comes back negative, my understanding is that the toaster is not an open relay by default and unless I've done something whacky I've not done anything to change that.

As for a spammer, well that's always a possibility. I have gone through isoqlog stats and queried all the top senders. None of them are sending abnormally large numbers of messages. There are a few users that send 250 or so once per week, but these are "auto dealerships" and they send service reminders to their customers, which are "opt in" emails and should not be triggering anything.

I am having my desktop tech go out and run virus/spyware checkers on a few others just to make sure.

Oddly, it seems to happen for a week or so after adding a new domain. Could just be coincidence, not sure. When I first switched over to the toaster, I fought this for several weeks. Then it settled down with no listings for about 3 weeks. Then I added a domain and have now been listed twice since the add. Again, all speculation as to whether that has anything to do with it, just trying to give out as much info as possible in case someone has seen this.

Gary

Maxwell Smart wrote:
CBL usually means you have a spammer in your midst, have been hacked or
victim of malware, or are an open relay.

Gary Bowling wrote:

I keep getting listed on the CBL list. I have been through all the
recommendations for checking my server, but can't seem to find
anything wrong. I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking. This
all started when I upgraded to the qmailtoaster, I previously ran Bill
Shupp's toaster and have never had this problem before.

I have checked the smtpgreeting with telnet and it indeed responds
correctly (at least as far as I can tell). The response (mail.gbco.us)
also corresponds to the rDNS for the ip address which is also matched
with the mx record.

So, I'm at a loss as to why I keep getting blacklisted by CBL, which
says it only checks for headers. Anyone have any other suggestions for
what I've missed?

Thanks, Gary

   Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
    For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com