Sounds like qmail-send isn't able to read the queue after it's cycled through once, like it's blocked or something. I'm not real familiar with how that mechanism works.

I wonder if there isn't a zombie process hanging around that's gumming up the works. Have you (dare I say) rebooted?

Gary Bowling wrote:

Just reflective of the last restart. From looking at the server everything seems to be operating as normal..

Also, just several FYIs..

- When I rebuilt qmail-toaster to remove the "/" in chkusr, I actually also upgraded. My server was running qmail-toaster-1.03 1.3.18 prior to the work and qmail-toaster-1.03 1.3.19 after. I also notice there are a few other minor updates to other packages since my old 1.3.18, such as my simscan is 1.4.0.-1.3.1 and I notice it's now 1.4.0-1.3.8 on the download.

- The smtp2 service you see running is smtp on an alternate port so my road warriors work from any ISP, which was unchanged by the new update.

- The crappy old tmda stuff was installed from Bill Shupp's toaster as that's what I used to run. I'm trying to get rid of it but have a few users who are holding on to it.. But again, that didn't change and I don't believe any of that install touches any of the toaster files, it just uses .qmail files in users directories to do it's thing.

Gary

Eric Shubert wrote:
Is the send daemon having a problem staying up? Or is that time simply reflective of the last time you restarted it?

Gary Bowling wrote:

Here it is:

service qmail stat
authlib: up (pid 1097) 6520 seconds
clamd: up (pid 1061) 6520 seconds
imap4: up (pid 5073) 5237 seconds
imap4-ssl: up (pid 5071) 5237 seconds
pop3: up (pid 5089) 5237 seconds
pop3-ssl: up (pid 5066) 5237 seconds
send: up (pid 19445) 100 seconds
smtp: up (pid 10875) 3220 seconds
smtp2: up (pid 5068) 5237 seconds
spamd: up (pid 1054) 6520 seconds
submission: up (pid 5095) 5237 seconds
tmda-ofmipd: up (pid 1091) 6520 seconds
tmda-ssl: up (pid 5113) 5237 seconds
authlib/log: up (pid 1326) 1420511 seconds
clamd/log: up (pid 6186) 16105 seconds
imap4/log: up (pid 1309) 1420511 seconds
imap4-ssl/log: up (pid 1307) 1420511 seconds
pop3/log: up (pid 1320) 1420511 seconds
pop3-ssl/log: up (pid 1328) 1420512 seconds
send/log: up (pid 1314) 1420512 seconds
smtp2/log: up (pid 1334) 1420512 seconds
smtp/log: up (pid 1319) 1420512 seconds
spamd/log: up (pid 13378) 29382 seconds
submission/log: up (pid 1323) 1420512 seconds
tmda-ofmipd/log: up (pid 1331) 1420512 seconds
tmda-ssl/log: up (pid 1311) 1420512 seconds

Eric Shubert wrote:
Yeah, I think that
# service qmail doqueue
would do the same thing.

What do you see from:
# service qmail stat

Gary Bowling wrote:

Based on your last question, I have now also discovered that a stop/start of "send" will also deliver the email.

svc -d /service/send
svc -u /service/send

and it clears the email. I can't find any errors in any log.

Thanks, Gary

Eric Shubert wrote:
Gary Bowling wrote:

I had an issue with a blackberry user, so I went to the video to
recompile the toaster to allow the "/" characters in the "from" address.

All went well with the recompile and subsequent re-install.

However, after the re-install I can no longer send or receive mail even to a local user. It seems all the mail queues up, so I'm not losing mail, and whatever is in the queue all releases if I restart qmail (qmailctl restart).

In my toaster I had removed domain keys, by changing the link to
qmail-queue to point to qmail-queue-orig, and I had installed spamdyke
so I had to change the /service/smtp/run to link to
/service/smtp/run.spamdyke, I remembered to change those back. But there
is still something I'm missing.

Unfortunately I didn't think about it changing all my settings until
after the fact. I'm sure there is some other customization that I need
to fix that I am missing.

Any help would be appreciated as restarting qmail every 15 minutes or so
to get mail to deliver is NOT working for me on a Friday :)

Thanks, Gary

What is in the send log?