Figured I would forward this to the list since it's meant to be there and everyone seems to want to email me directly this week.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Mails not being scanned / filtered by SA server
Date:   Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:50:24 +0530
From:   Atul Paralikar <a...@etisbew.com>
To:     <qmailtoaster-list-subscr...@qmailtoaster.com>
CC:     'Jake Vickers' <j...@qmailtoaster.com>

Hi,

I have setup a SA (Spamassissin) server for scanning non-locally hosted domain. The server is able to accept mails and filter them but unable to scan them for viruses or arrest the spam. The reason why I say is, when I check in the Qmail Stats page, SPAMD & CLAMD are showing "ZERO" activity.

It will be great if anyone can guide me in checking how to enable SPAMD & CLAMD checking for the emails being forwarded? Are there any other utilities which can help check the working of SPAMD & CLAMD.

For your information, my SIMCONTROL file output is below where I see both of them are enabled:

:clam=yes,spam=yes,spam_hits=12,attach=.mp3:.src:.bat:.pif

etisbew.com:clam=yes,spam=yes,spam_hits=12,attach=.mp3:.src:.bat:.pif

When I checked out the email header of the spam emails received by me, they appear as below. Here *mail.providio.com* is my main server and *mail.etisbew.com* is SA server.

MIME_HTML_ONLY,RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB,

RCVD_IN_XBL,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL autolearn=spam version=3.2.4

* 2.0 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net

* [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?189.60.108.67>]

           *  0.9 RCVD_IN_PBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL

           *      [189.60.108.67 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]

           *  3.0 RCVD_IN_XBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL

* 0.6 RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB RBL: SORBS: sender is a abuseable web server

           *      [189.60.108.67 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]

* 1.5 URIBL_WS_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist

           *      [URIs: dwusipaf.cn]

* 1.5 URIBL_JP_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist

           *      [URIs: dwusipaf.cn]

           *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message

           *  0.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%

           *      [score: 0.5002]

* 1.5 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts

 by mail.etisbew.com with SMTP; 18 Sep 2009 08:20:42 -0500

Received-SPF: pass (mail.etisbew.com: SPF record at etisbew.com designates 189.60.108.67 as permitted sender)