John Hansen wrote:
I have a user that can not send an email to one particular domain, at
least that I'm aware of. When rliso...@cotterschools.org sends and email
to johnostrow...@desch.org, or any other person at the domain, he gets an
immediate bounce back. However, I can send this person
(johnostrow...@desch.org) an email with my account
(jhan...@cotterschools.org) and he receives it without a problem. The
bounce back is not very intuitive, but suggests that the recipients email
server is refusing the message. The message is below. I'm leaving the
email addresses and domains as they appear to help try and solve the
problem.

The SMTP logs on my end indicate that the message is good, and sent. I've
talked with the email tech at the recipient domain, and he can not find
any indication on why the email might have been rejected by his server. In
fact, there's no evidence that it even hit his mail server.

Bounce Message:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.cotterschools.org.

<johnostrow...@desch.org>:
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<johnostrow...@desch.org> 64.8.140.227 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused