From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric Shubert
Sent: Friday, 30 October 2009 2:56 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Server Mail

I'd like to know if this works, but I don't expect it will.

I believe that chkuser is not finding an MX record for the backup.mydomain.com domain, and this cannot be specified in the hosts file. An MX record for backup.mydomain.dom would need to be added to the authoritative DNS for the mydomain.com domain. While this would fix the problem, I don't think it's the best solution.

Fixing the problem at its source is preferable. (more on that elsewhere)

Maxwell Smart wrote:
Mike,

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can put the MX address in the host file of the server that is rejecting the mail because of an invalid sender MX domain. I am pretty sure it's because it can't resolve the address.

Host file entry
<snip>
77.60.23.95 backup.mydmain.com
</snip>

or you may be able to add an entry in the local domain file.
I believe either solution will work. Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm. I don't think the rcpt host file allows ip addresses.

CJ

Mike Canty wrote:
To All,
    I now have in place three Qmail Toaster Servers in three different
locations.  These servers are part of individual networks, or whish there
are other CentOS and RedHat servers.

I am having issues with mail from the other servers as these are running
Sendmail by default. The problem lies in the fact that I can send messages
from the Sendmail servers to the Toasters Servers, as long as they are
within the same network and they are not an alias/forward account.

The real issue is CHKUSER does its job too well and it rejects messages from
the Sendmail servers, if it's to be sent to another account or network.
This is the type of error I get...

@400000004ae9186406b54edc CHKUSER rejected sender: from
<r...@backup.mydomain.com::> remote
<backup.mydomain.com:unknown:77.60.23.95> rcpt <> : invalid sender MX domain

I understand that there are issues with servers that are not really
configured as a full Mail server, but what can I do to rectify this error.

Can someone please let me know what I need to do to the sendmail.cf file to get around this. Or what needs to be done to the Qmail Toaster settings to
allow the "incorrect MX" issue.

Cheers
Mike Canty