W dniu 08.11.2009 10:57, Martin Waschbuesch pisze:
Hi all,

As promised, I added the steps I took to make the toaster a little more secure to the user tips&tricks section. I am rather unfamiliar with the wiki editing, so please feel free to reformat to make it 'blend in' ;)

Martin
About http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/User_Tips_%26_Tricks#SSH
It not hardening system. :(
Someone can use dictionary attack on urdinary user account, then after logging as user tried to login as super user (sudo, su or by kernel bug).
I prefer:
#Protocol 2,1
Protocol 2
PasswordAuthentication no

Only version 2 ssh protocol and no way to login by password, I permit root login. File ~/.ssh/authorized_users determines who physically can login. In this file are public keys of authorized to login on this (i.e. root) account. It's more secure. :)

Installation of ossec can improve the security of server to.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Aleksander Podsiadły