I didn't ask for a conversation on whether Joomla sucked or not.

Anyway, I've written a little PERL script to add all the users in the database
to the mailing list, and any who are on the list that are not in the database
are deleted. Pretty simple. Just run it in a cron every 10 minutes and that'll
work for me. I guess the answer to my original question is no.

Thanks,
Nigel