No you're not the only one. I think that's just the way things are. See /var/qmail/supervise/pop3/run and pop3-ssl/run files. They use different programs for logging on.

FWIW, it's insecure to use plain pop3 on a public network, as passwords are sent in the clear. Not a good idea. Personally, I don't even run the pop3 daemon. You can disable it by running:
# touch /var/qmail/supervise/pop3/down

I wouldn't spend much time on pop3, as I expect that the present qmail-pop3-toaster package will be replaced by dovecot's pop3 functionality in QMT v2.

Igor Smitran wrote:
Hi guys...

Am i the only one that has different pop3 and pop3-ssl loglevel?

pop3 log:

@400000004bc74022182cbe5c tcpserver: pid 12644 from 68.171.239.191
@400000004bc74022183e3aec tcpserver: ok 12644 ***:***:110 bda-68-171-239-191.bise.eu.blackberry.com:68.171.239.191::55664
@400000004bc7402408a88b8c tcpserver: end 12644 status 256

pop3-ssl log:

@400000004bc7340c1251144c tcpserver: pid 7674 from 68.171.239.191
@400000004bc7340c12512004 tcpserver: ok 7674 ***:***:995 :68.171.239.191::10059
@400000004bc7340c1a0f0734 DEBUG: Connection, ip=[68.171.239.191]
@400000004bc7340c33566ee4 INFO: LOGIN, user=***, ip=[68.171.239.191]
@400000004bc7340d01a34214 INFO: LOGOUT, user=***, ip=[68.171.239.191], top=0, retr=0, rcvd=12, sent=39, time=1
@400000004bc7340d01a351b4 tcpserver: end 7674 status 0

In pop3-ssl log i can see username and transferred data while in pop3 log i can't. Can anyone help?

Thank you