I configure forwarding using lines like these:

echo \&exampleu...@example.local | sudo -u vpopmail -H tee
/home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/exampleuser/.qmail
chmod 600 /home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/example/.qmail

This script usually runs in the context of some user other than
vpopmail, so I use sudo tee to get the text from the echo command into
the .qmail file.

These lines produce a .qmail file with the following content:

&exampleu...@example.local

This is the only content in the .qmail file.  There is no CR or LF at
the end of the line.

Hi,

That's what I did. Actually I configured one domain through the qmailadmin interface and then copied the newly created .qmail files to the other domains.

It turns out qmailadmin creates two files :
- in the domain.com folder, there is a .qmail-postmaster-default file
- in the domain.com/postmaster, there is a .qmail file

Both files are identical and contain the forwarding command as above.

I don't know why the .qmail-postmaster-default is created but it seems mandatory. This doesn't seem to be documented.

Regards,
Pierre