Scott Hughes wrote:
What is the proper way to add a rule to the firewall that will survive a reboot of the QMT server?

When I installed Pyzor onto my server, I had to open a hole in the firewall in order for it to work properly. I did this by adding the rule to the firewall.sh script. Now, when the server reboots, I have to run the firewall.sh script to open that port back up. Here is what I put in the firewall.sh script:

## Allow pyzor communications (port 24441)
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m udp --syn --dport 24441 -j ACCEPT

Once I run the firewall.sh script, all is well ... until the next reboot, that is.

Thanks,

Scott

after you run firewall.sh run the following command at the command line prompt
#iptables save